Friday, November 12, 2010

A Surprise Dinner at Home

One Friday evening I came home from work to find a lovely dinner prepared by my loving husband! It was great, and not just the having dinner ready when I got home part.

Starting dinner with a sweet appetizer? Why not! 

These are pecan pinwheels: butter and brown sugar with chopped pecans rolled in puff pastry, sliced into pinwheels and baked till golden brown.

The main course was my husbands version of a Chicken Pot Pie. I love Chicken Pot Pie, is it a real comfort food for me!

He made a chicken stew with potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and carrots. He used this new chicken broth he found that is seasoned and has some wine in it. It added a lot of depth to the flavor. He then put the stew into individual serving dishes. They are broiler safe and great for French Onion Soup also.

Le Creuset ® French onion soup bowl- www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=114338

Then he covered them with puff pastry and decorated the top with a pastry heart, and baked in the oven. Put them on the highest rack you can and bake at 350 degrees till golden brown.

Then for dessert- Rhubarb Sorbet: my husband made a rhubarb sauce by cooking down chopped rhubarb and sugar. Then cool the sauce and put it into the ice cream maker. It's that simple!


Our ice cream maker is Krups but I don't think this particular one is available anymore. There are lots of good ones out there though and very easy to use.

This dinner was fantastic and a very nice surprise, Thank you babe, your the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment