Sunday, January 30, 2011

Birthday Adventure

My hubby's birthday was on Thanksgiving this year so we went out for his birthday the day after. Being the day after a major holiday when lots of things were closed we couldn't go to his favorite BBQ place (Smoque). They would have had to work the night before to make the BBQ!

So we went to Cemitas Puebla http://www.cemitaspuebla.com/  for a quick bit on the way to pizza!
I have blogged Cemitas Puebla before but I had something new and very, very good. Chalupas: five corn tortillas doused in salsa verde and salsa roja topped with onions, cheese and choice of meat. They are great especially the salsa verde ones!
Chalupas
 Atomica
Cemitas Atomica with Milanesa, Carne Enchilada and Jamon.
Milanesa
Cemitas Milanesa- breaded butterfly pork chop.
Taco Arebes
Taco Arebes- spit roasted pork and onions wrapped in a thick tortilla served with a chipotle salsa.

Then we went to Vito and Nick's for pizza.

Oh wait, on our way to Vito and Nick's we passed a Harold's Chicken Shack. I have been wanting to try Harold's fried chicken so my Husband stopped and we went in. This was a carry out only place. I don't know if all of them are carry out only or not this was our first one!


 

 
My Mother-in-Law really likes gizzards, so we got some gizzards and a white meat dinner.
Gizzards.
 All of it was very good. Nice light, crispy skin and not greasy.

Now on to the pizza! Vito and Nick's http://www.vitoandnick.com
Sausage Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza
 The crust was very good, nice crisp, thin crust.
This is a DDD restaurant. At this place when they put the pizza in they toss the pizza peal back to the other person.

So then we had to stop at Jimmy Jamm for some sweet potato pie! 
At Jimmy Jamm, one of my husband's favorites! 
A great way to end a birthday day out!



 

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I need a heart transplant after viewing the pictures of that pizza. Wow is all I can say. I bet it tastes great though.

    ReplyDelete