Monday, August 30, 2010

Beggars pizza

Our road trip Friday night took us to Beggars Pizza in Plainfield. My husband had heard and even some co-workers had told him it was the best pizza in Chicago. They have several locations (http://www.beggarspizza.com/locations.php). I have no pictures due to not being able to figure out the old camera in the car. If I can not get it to work this week I have to remember to put our other camera in the car. Sorry.

The tag-line for this pizza place is "We Lay it on Thick", they have been in business over 30 yrs. and do more than just pizza. They have dine in and carry out, not sure about delivery. Here is the link http://www.beggarspizza.com

 Well now on to the pizza, we ordered carry out, 1 Med. thin crust w/ sausage, garlic and jardiniere and 1 thin crust w/ chicken, mushrooms and garlic. The crust is nice, it's thin but not cracker thin, and crispy which is good. They also have the cornmeal bottom, but not overwhelmingly so that my husband likes a lot.They are not kidding when they say they "Lay it on Thick" they do! They do not skimp on the toppings and they are piled on but the crust holds up good and one of the square slices can be eaten with one hand.  The only negative thing I can say is I did not taste any garlic on the chicken pizza. (we are a GARLIC family). I do not believe it to be the best pizza in Chicago. My husband and son enjoyed the sausage pizza a lot but we would not make this a destination pizza place. If we were in an area where there was one and were hungry for pizza we would definitely go and have it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment