Monday, August 30, 2010

Mexican Feast - a cooking story

Last weekend I came home from work to a fantastico fiesta!  Made by my husband, son and Mother-in-Law.
They made homemade tortilla chips with homemade guacamole and homemade salsa verde, the first time my husband has tried to make this. It is my favorite, I love green sauce! And since we found this fantastic Mexican restaurant not to far from where we live and my husband tried their amazing salsa verde he now loves it also.

His version was delicioso! It was great and he said easy to make- roasted tomatillos and a few roasted poblano peppers, some cilantro, juice of a lime and chopped garlic. I think that was it, if anything else I'll edit later. And I don't see why all Mexican restaurants don't make their own chips, it is extremely easy, only takes a few minutes  and are much better! They are just so much better!

O.K. off my chip soap box for now. The main dish was poblano peppers stuffed with chicken, sauted mushrooms and goat cheese covered in Monterey Jack cheese and baked. This was my husbands take on a dish at Wholly Frijoles, a restaurant we saw on Check Please.

Pechuga de Pollo Rellena / Chef's Special
Chicken breast stuffed with poblano pepper, goat cheese and mushrooms.
Here is the web site- www.whollyfrijoles.net 

We have been wanting to go to this restaurant since we saw the show as they talk about this dish and show it. My husband and sous chefs decided to stuff the roasted peppers with a chicken, mushroom and goat cheese mixture and it was delicioso! It was amazing, and if we do go to Wholly Frijoles I will probably order something different now since that was so good.

Again no pictures, I really need to get better with remembering to take pictures!

FREE DELIVERY Bag Full of Chilies Red Hot by StarAniseRecipes on Foodista

No comments:

Post a Comment