Sunday, August 8, 2010

One of our earlier adventures was to a heavy metal bar in Chicago that has been on several food TV shows.  It's called Kuma's Corner. We went with my Mother-in-law, Brother-in-law and 4 pre-teen boys.  It is a small place and busy since they had been on of the TV shows recently so we had to wait about 30-40 min. which is reasonable even if not just on TV.


All the burgers are named for Heavy Metal bands and are on Pretzel bun's, This was our first experience with a pretzel bun, and we both thought it was fantastic and the perfect type of bun for a burger!

We started out with  BBQ Pork Fries, french fries covered with BBQ pork and Jack cheese.  I had the  Motorhead - Goat Cheese, Kalamata Olives, Oregano, Tzatziki, Onion & Tomato.  My husband had  
Plague Bringer- Roasted Garlic Mayo, Tortilla Strips, House Made Hot Sauce, Fresh Garlic, Pepper Jack& Sliced Jalapenos. He said after having this burger "I can't believe I never thought to put fresh garlic on a burger before" and "I don't think I will ever make one with out it again" Our son had Metallica-Buffalo Sauce, Bacon & Bleu Cheese Dressing.

My Mother-in law had the Make Your own Mac & Cheese- where you can choose from the following ingredients: Bacon, Prosciutto, Andouille, Chicken, Roasted Red Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Broccoli, Peas, Mushrooms, Scallions & Sweet Corn, to add to your mac & cheese.


My Brother-in-law had - will post when I get in touch with him to see what burger he had.




This place is very cool and the best burger my husband has ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment